“Latvian Association of Systemic and Family Psychotherapy” is a professional organization whose objectives are:
1. Promoting the development of systemic and family psychotherapy in Latvia.
2. Raising public awareness of family relationship issues, of the systemic approach.
3. Consolidating the systemic, family psychotherapists and the systemic supervisors in a unitary professional organization, promoting the exchange of professional experience.
4. Organizing and supporting events that are focused on popularizing systemic and family psychotherapy.
5. Defending the professional interests of the Latvian Association of Systemic and Family psychotherapists and supervisors.
6. Developing, executing, maintaining the training and professional standards in systemic and family psychotherapy in Latvia in accordance with the standards of the Latvian Association of Psychotherapists (LAP), European Family Therapy Association (EFTA) and European Association for Psychotherapy.
7. Performing the certification of systemic, family psychotherapists and systemic supervisors, keeping record of the systemic, family psychotherapists and systemic supervisors.
8. Promoting the observance of the ethical principles of the Latvian systemic, family psychotherapists and systemic supervisors.
9. Collaborating with the national, municipal, social, religious, economic organizations and enterprises, as well as with individuals in Latvia and abroad.
10. Distributing information on its activities, engaging in publishing and performing other public activities.
11. Promoting research activities in the systemic and family psychotherapy.